Tuesday, November 13, 2007

the housing strategy - the dandenongs a no go zone

A big thank you to all who attended the community consultation session for the draft housing strategy at Burrinja (Upwey) last night. The resounding message from the community was, NO GO for the Dandenong Ranges.

Some of you thought that I was pro-developer (a spurious claim in one of our local papers), I can't say this more clearly I am NOT pro-developer and anyone who has studied my voting patterns in council would know this.

Some of you thought your Green councillor had changed her spots, I have done no such thing and continue to advocate for long term sustainable solutions for our Shire.

I can assure you that I will represent your views to council, I hear clearly what you are saying about the draft housing strategy proposal for Upwey, Tecoma, Belgrave and Monbulk. I understand the sensitive and beautiful nature of the environment we live in too, that's why I choose to live and raise my family here.

I can assure you I will be advocating to my fellow councillors that Tecoma and Belgrave (the towns I represent) should be withdrawn from the housing strategy. I will be ensuring that Cr Graham Warren (who represents Monbulk) is given a clear picture of community angst about the housing strategy proposal in Monbulk.

I urge you to write a submission, for more details visit
http://www.yarraranges.vic.gov.au/page/Page.asp?Page_Id=2227&h=1

I have always been interested in your views, will always be interested in your views and that position has never changed. Be assured that the strategy is a work in progress, is not set in stone and your views are valuable.

It is my job as your community representative to make sure your views are advocated to council and I will be advocating your position of NO GO for the Dandenongs
.

1 Comments:

At 12:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am involved in trying to prevent the approval of an 80 bed backpacker hostel NEXT TO THE EMERALD CREEK ON THE MAIN ROAD ENTRANCE TO MONBULK AND THE DANDENONGS. Please never give up
Stan Giles 0404490196

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker