Saturday, November 10, 2012

it's official, I'm sworn in

It was a special night earlier this week when I took the oath of office. A celebration shared with family, friends and community, it's an important occasion and officially marks the time when you truly (and legally) become a councillor.

"I solemnly and sincerely declare
and affirm that I will undertake the
duties of the office of Councillor in
the best interests of the people...
of the Yarra Ranges Shire Council..."
I'm delighted to be re-elected as the Lyster Ward councillor with a resounding 58.93% primary vote. This term on council I'll be serving on the various township groups in Lyster, the Birdsland Advisory Committee, Burrinja, Eastern Transport Coalition, Fire Management Committee, Graffiti Working Group and the Municipal Emergency Management Committee.

I welcome and congratulate my colleagues, both newcomers and experienced hands.

Cr Jim Child - Mayor
Cr Jason Callanan - Deputy Mayor
Cr Len Cox - Walling ward
Cr Noel Cliff - Streeton ward
Cr Terry Avery - Melba ward
Cr Maria McCarthy - Billanook ward
Cr Andy Witlox - Chirnside ward
Cr Fiona McAllister - Ryrie ward

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker