southern dandenongs landcare – another active year working hard for our environment
I was delighted to be able to chair the Southern Dandenongs Landcare Group Annual General Meeting and preside over their elections for 2014/15.
|Vicki Boyle was resoundingly re-elected as|
President of the Southern Dandenong
Landcare Group. Vicki is a human dynamo
and was awarded Yarra Ranges Environmental
Achiever of the Year 2012.
- Participation in CWAD – Community Weed Alliance in the Dandenongs
- Partner is SREA – Southern Ranges Environment Alliance working on the Green Tracks program, an environmental program focused on the Puffing Billy rail corridor
- Targeted community engagement re weed removal with property owners abutting Moores Break, Ferny Creek.
- Works along the Belgrave bicycle track to remove blackberries
- Participation in the Minak Reserve biolink projct
- Assisting with the Green Army project to target Wandering Tradescantia
- Working with the Belgrave Traders Association for Weedbusters week and Clean Up Australia day
- Monthly stalls at the Kallista Market
- Working with the BEEGEES, Friends of Trestle Bridge, focusing on a stationers group (metro station), food growing and biodiversity improvements in the VicTrack rail corridor
- Participating in Selbyfest and Selby Community House, developing community indigenous plant garden
- Assisting Cardinia Creek Landcare Group with signage project to raise awareness of the local platypus population
- Partnering in the Yarra Valley Landcare Landcare for Singles event
- Partnering with Selby CFA for event catering and as a Clean Up partner
- Enhancing relationship with Selby Primary School and the Minibeast festival
- Working with the Selby Men’s Shed group (who build nest boxes for SDLG)
- Coordinating the local nest box program
- Recognising the contribution of long time locals who sadly passed away, the Beers, for their efforts in the enhancement of the local Selby environment.
- Running the Minibeast Festival and Awesome Ornithorynkids (Platypus Day)
|Pictured from left to right: Mike, Leslie, Helen, Cr Samantha,|
Jackie, Catherine, Darcy, Merinda, Frank, Vicki, Robert
Secretary – Jackie Glenn
Treasurer – Mike Clarke
General Members – Navila, Catherine, Helen, Merinda, Frank, Robert, Catherine, Jenny and Leslie.