Thursday, June 25, 2009

police resources for yarra ranges

report from the roundtable - 23 June

At this week's council meeting Cr Warren moved a motion demanding more police resources for Yarra Ranges.

I was happy to support the motion. I relayed a story that was told to me by a local trader about how difficult it was to contact the local police in Belgrave due to the lack of personnel available. It seems that the issue has since been addressed in Belgrave but policing levels are far from optimal in other parts of the shire.

The Yarra Ranges community is entitled to a reasonable level of policing - I'm not convinced they get it.

The Police are entitled to a reasonable level of resources to do their job - I'm not convinced they get it.
.
We must pressure government to ensure that more resources are directed towards Yarra Ranges so we get the level of policing we deserve.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker