maccas update @ 10 april
|After an hour and three quarters of submission and debate, |
the moment council unanimously refused the application
for a McDonalds in Tecoma. 10/11/10
Until all the information required prior to the start of the development is provided, no works should commence in order to comply with permit conditions.
I will certainly keep you posted via my blog with how this is progressing.
Demolition of current buildings on site
A demolition permit can be issued by a private Building Surveyor with a copy provided to council. A building permit for demolition must be issued prior to demolition works being carried out. The demolition of the buildings on site can happen at any time and are not linked to any permit conditions so it doesn't matter if the Shire has all the information required or not (as discussed above) as demolition is a separate process.
Documentation must be provided to the relevant building surveyor satisfying the above requirements and describing the scope of work.
- An amended landscape plan (condition 6)
- The landscaping works are completed and maintained
- An amended Patron Management Plan (condition 10)
- Odour filters installed
- Acoustic fences erected along relevant boundaries (condition 20)
- Subject to the consent of the relevant landowners acoustic fences must be constructed on the boundaries of 1533 (vacant lot) and 1535 (DVD Destination) Burwood Highway (condition 21) - it is unknown at this stage if consent has been given, in the case of 1533 I think that's a given, however I'm not sure of conversations between the applicant and the owners of the DVD Destination and do wonder if they have or will give consent. Why is this important? Failure to construct acoustic fences at 1533 & 1535 constitutes a breach of permit condition. Potentially this will mean an application to amend the permit conditions will be required, but any amendment to the permit can only be done via VCAT.
- An acoustic consultant report to demonstrate noise from mechanical services equipment complies
- A Lighting Management Plan
- A Litter Management Plan
- Construction of left and right turning lanes in Sandells Rd (at the Burwood Hwy intersection)
I have had informal discussions with the Minister about VCAT and the issue of the tribunal not taking into account the number of community objections and the need for policy reform in this area. The McDonalds appeal as well as the
I will be attending a meeting with the Minister to discuss the adequacy of the current planning scheme controls for drive through style convenience restaurants in the Dandenong Ranges.
I will also be discussing Localised Planning Statements, first detailed as part of Liberal Policy in the lead up to the 2010 state elections and restated by the Minister in February 2013. I am interested to explore with the Minister and his department how Localised Planning Statements may assist in informing changes to the planning scheme in the Dandenongs.
As always I'll keep you posted with the outcomes and keep fighting for what we love about the Dandenongs.