Wednesday, September 24, 2008

monbulk pool redevelopment underway

Last week I attended the first project meeting for the Monbulk Aquatic Centre (MAC) redevelopment. It is a very exciting start for this project. The community members on the MAC Redevelopment Working Party are very enthusiastic and pleased to be part of the process. The redevelopment of the Monbulk Pool has certainly had its ups and downs in the past. The last time funding was announced for the pool it suddenly was withdrawn by the council of the day, reasons unknown.

Given past disappointment I am committed to see this project through to completion. I have been able to secure $1.5 million in council funding towards the project. The MAC is a thriving community facility, well loved and well used with around 100,000 visits per year. My family have used the facility for some 7 years and it is the place my son learnt to swim. The Learn to Swim program is one of the centre’s most popular programs and invaluable for children to participate in, to teach them not only swimming but water safety as well.



The redevelopment will consider a number of different possibilities which will be determined in consultation with the community. There is no doubt that some work is required around the possibility of a program pool to free up pool space for leisure activities. I know on the top of my list is change rooms and in conversations I’ve had with community members I think this is on the top of their list too!


If you would like to input into this exciting redevelopment of the MAC please contact me on
s.dunn@yarraranges.vic.gov.au or call 9752 6869. I’d be pleased to hear your contributions.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker