Friday, December 05, 2008

report from the roundtable – 4th december

The last week of the election campaign was such a hectic time, I didn’t get to do my regular ‘report from the roundtable’ for the 25th November council meeting. Although just over a week ago a lot has happened since then.

I was re-elected to council with a resounding 54% primary vote, a record for a Greens endorsed candidate across Australia. I am truly humbled by this result and assure the community I will always have their best interests at heart as the Lyster Ward Councillor.

Last night was a ‘special meeting’ of council where councillors swear an oath to office and elect the Mayor and Deputy Mayor for the ensuing year. It was a great pleasure to nominate Cr Len Cox for the position of Mayor and with no other nominations Cr Cox was duly elected Mayor. Cr Jeanette McRae was elected Deputy Mayor with no other nominations on the night.
















The newly elected Shire of Yarra Ranges Council (Cr Avery absent), all seven councillors were returned with two new councillors elected in O'Shannassy (Cr Chris Templer) and Chirnside (Cr Richard Higgins).

Part of the special meeting is the appointment to external bodies, this year I will be representing the Shire on the following committees:
Advocacy Reference Group
Belgrave South and Heights Township Group
Birdsland Environment Education Centre Advisory Committee
Burrinja (substitute)
Eastern Regional Libraries
Eastern Transport Coalition
Local Planning Policy Framework Reference Group
MAV Strategic Environment Advisory Group
Policy and Strategy Committee
Tree Task Force
Yarra Ranges Environment Advisory Committee (substitute)

I have worked with all these committees during my first term with the exception of the Eastern Regional Libraries committee, which I very much look forward to participating in.

Affirmation of Office
I, Samantha Dunn, do solemnly, sincerely, and truly declare and affirm that I will undertake the duties of the office of Councillor in the best interests of the people in the municipal district of the Shire of Yarra Ranges and faithfully and impartially carry out the functions, powers, authorities and discretions vested in me under the Local Government Act 1989 or any other Act to the best of my skill and judgement.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker