chocker block children's week
|This painting was given to me by the children|
of Tecoma PreSchool, I'm always delighted
by the creativity of children and Children's
Week is a great way to explore new things with
- Heritage Open Day at Gulf Station where families can discover our region’s past.
- Burrinja Open Day will include performances, workshops, talks in the Art of Indigenous Garden and photography for teenagers.
- Yarra Glen Day, hosting story telling, puppet shows and music group where children will join in singing, dancing and learning musical instruments.
- Upper Yarra Family Centre Open Day with The Gumboot Gang Playgroup, Playgroup Victoria and Play Australia with puppet shows, music group and guest appearance by Bookaburra.
- Sing me a story, sharing stories and music at Belgrave Library
- Protecting kids online hosting a Cyber safety session at Montrose (to coincide with
- Community Safety Month).
- Drawing and Story time, with guest appearance Katz Cowley reading The Wonky Donkey, the Fidgety Itch and Willbee the Bumblebee at Healesville Community Garden.
- Teddy Bears Picnic at Lilydale Lake with stories, songs and fun with the Mountain
- Dandenong Ranges Music Council at Sherbrooke Family and Children’s Centre including reading, music and face painting.
- Spring Festival at Mt Evelyn Primary School.
- Week long activities at the Yarra Ranges Regional Museum where children will learn the art of texture rubbing, play-doh and magic lanterns and participate in activity trails and costume dress-ups. Thursday will host a performance by Koo Wee Kapers (a $2 fee is payable for this activity).